We work on the refurbishment of existing properties finding low-carbon building solutions. We help with aspects including:
- Controls and building energy management systems
- HVAC system and controls optimisation
- Post-occupancy evaluation
We’ve carried out hundreds of building site surveys and audits for clients, and have offered recommendations on:
- Energy management and carbon reduction programmes
- Monitoring, targeting and reporting systems
- Building physics analysis and advice
- Energy benchmarking and reporting
- Virtual energy manager services
Our work has included specialist building optimisation work for a number of landmark non-domestic buildings and a two-year TSB-funded Post Occupancy Evaluation of a major city multi-tenant office building.
From 2003 to 2012 we supported over 260 individual local authorities, fire and police authorities, 40 universities, 25 NHS trusts, 45 further education colleges, and 10 Central Government departments through government-funded, national carbon management programmes.
In the UK Local Government sector alone we have identified projects delivering some 2mtCO2 annual carbon reduction from building energy efficiency and low carbon generation measures, with potential investment value of £1.7bn, yielding around £290m annual cost savings.