Asahi Europe and International
Verco developed a custom Scope 3 reporting methodology for Asahi Europe and International that would support them in achieving their ambitious sustainability targets.
Asahi Europe and International is the European and International business Asahi Group Holdings. Building on centuries of European brewing heritage, the business runs 19 production facilities in 8 countries across Europe, and is the custodian of some of the best beer brands in the world, including Asahi Super Dry, Pilsner Urquell, Peroni Nastro Azzurro, Grolsch and Kozel.
To develop a Scope 3 reporting system that enables:
- Accurate reporting aligned with the GHG protocol and PEFCR recommendations.
- Roadmaps for realization of emission reductions from implemented initiatives.
- Building of capacity within the teams and facilitate the development of reduction plans.
- Scope 3 materiality assessment to identify emissions sources.
- Development of reporting boundary.
- Identification of data sources and owners.
- Development of GHG reporting models for each value chain segment and a suite of tailored visualisations using Microsoft Power BI.
- Generation of a baseline report.
- Training on models and reports.
- Workshops with market and category teams to support the development of reduction plans.
- Deployment of full scope 3 reporting system, which has been used to generate the baseline for Asahi Europe and International’s targets.
- A tailored methodology that ensures that the savings from Asahi Europe and International’s Scope 3 reduction measures are realized within their reported figures.
- The system can be expanded to incorporate more supplier specific data as and when it becomes available.
- Highly engaged market teams and value chain segment teams that are developing evidence based reduction plans.
- Asahi Europe and International now has an extremely successful reporting system, which has 3rd party assurance.
- Asahi Europe and International has developed an outstanding understanding of models to enable the forecasting of reduction opportunities, and to support the development of specific reduction plans now and in the future.