LaSalle Investment Management
A comprehensive and industry-leading global position on net zero carbon covering both operational and embodied emissions and a net zero pathway document in line with the BBP Climate Commitment.
LaSalle Investment Management is a leading real estate investment management firm with 40 years of real estate investment experience and $69bn AUM across 15 countries. As a signatory of the UK Better Building Partnership’s Climate Commitment, LaSalle were required to publish their Net Zero Carbon Pathway before the end of 2020.
· To develop a comprehensive, industry-leading global position on net zero carbon (both operational and embodied) to be rapidly integrated across all global functions and regions
· To develop a European net zero pathway covering all European assets (including industrial and commercial buildings in 7 European countries) in line with BBP Commitment and supported by cost-optimal asset plans
· Delivered a series of introductory webinars and workshops to build capacity within LaSalle on key concepts
· Reviewed all relevant net zero definitions in the markets LaSalle operate and developed comparative framework to select the approach tailored to LaSalle
· Delivered programme of interviews across all regions to identify material climate-related risks and opportunities and identify which aspects of the interviewee’s role could be most affected by these issues. Interviews included global and regional leadership, acquisitions, developments, risk and strategy and asset management functions to better understand current management practises
· Undertook technical modelling of LaSalle’s European funds to understanding the cost and performance requirements to achieve NZC performance
· Delivered executive briefings on the findings of the engagement and modelled exercises.
A comprehensive and industry leading global position on net zero carbon covering both operational and embodied emissions and a net zero pathway document in line with BBP Climate Commitment.
We are now supporting the business to finalise and integrate the global strategy into standard management practises, and supporting flagship funds with operationalising the strategy.
It was a pleasure working with Verco on this project. In particular we were impressed at how well the team explained complex information and made it accessible to a wide audience.