Heat mapper: What's the right fit for decarbonising heat in your building?
The decarbonisation of heat in buildings is essential if the UK is to meet its long-term carbon targets. A dizzying variety of options are available to decarbonise non-domestic buildings at scale. Deciding on the right technology can be difficult, with considerations around cost, ease of installation, comfort and carbon savings.
Choosing the right approach for your own specific situation can be a complicated task.
There are a huge number of HVAC systems in the non-domestic building stock. A different set of low carbon alternatives exists for each and there are some key factors that will drive decision making for all buildings.
Our newly developed Heat Mapper breaks this task down and provides signposts for the best route to follow:
- The UK building stock is divided into groups so you can select according to your situation.
- Understand the key considerations for your own building.
- Set your thinking in the right direction with clear recommendations for the low carbon solutions that best suit your specific building type.
- Be aware of the factors that should drive the decision for your building.
- Get an overview of the often debated subject of hydrogen Versus electrification.