Video interview: Verco’s Dave Worthington talks about ICP, SEAF and the future of technology for energy efficiency projects
Dave Worthington, Managing Director of Verco, talks to Engerati in this informative video interview.
ICP (Investor Confidence Project).
- The Investor Confidence Project Europe unlocks access to financing for the building, industry, district energy and street lighting markets by standardizing how energy efficiency projects are developed, documented and measured.
- It is the result of collaboration and consultation with the investor community, project developer community and industry bodies.
- The framework for a standardised approach has been created for buildings along with a certificate, awarded by a third party Quality Assurance Assessor, to demonstrate that best practise has been applied on a given energy efficiency project by providers with the necessary experience and quality . It is now fit for purpose and ready to be scaled up. More information on ICP can be found here.
What makes a good project?
Good projects are the result of several key elements:
- Experience and understanding of technology.
- Engagement of all stakeholders.
- Fine balance of simplicity and quality.
The exciting future of technology for energy efficiency.
Advances in technology mean that all elements of the Price/ Time/ Volume triangle can be deployed together (demand side response and energy storage, controls technology, generation technology and demand reduction from energy efficiency measures).
Sustainable Energy Asset Evaluation and Optimisation Framework (SEAF).
SEAF is an H2020 project that helps European energy efficiency project managers (ESCOs, engineering firms, and construction companies) access appropriate finance while lowering upfront due diligence costs for investors via the online platform eQuad. eQuad facilitates investment in energy efficiency and renewables projects by providing financial analysis, project performance insurance, project certification, due diligence and introductions to pre-qualified capital sources. Click here for more information about SEAF.