Major, Worldwide Energy Company
Management and delivery of a pioneering CleanTech innovation competition, including assessing the applications.
One of the world’s largest energy companies.
Delivering and managing one of the UK’s leading low carbon innovation competitions for 15 years.
- Providing technical assessment of over 1,500 low carbon business ideas against criteria of commercial viability, innovation and carbon saving potential.
- Management of an annual programme of events, communication and wider stakeholder engagement.
- Management of an annual programme impact review involving structured interviews with previous winners and data collection.
- Ad-hoc strategic advice on programme development strategy.
- Ad-hoc analytical support for critical industry thought-pieces.
Establishing the initiative as one of the UK’s leading low carbon innovation competitions. Between 2005 and 2019, the organisation provided over £4 million of funding to more than 100 innovative low-carbon enterprises in the UK. Almost 80% of supported companies remain in operation five years after launching, compared to a national average of about 45%.